Sunday, March 24, 2013

How Long is the Night 3

Adventures in sound design.... I cut out a few bits of the script, but mainly focused on trying to layer some sounds to guide the listener. I spent several hours wading through Free Sound, which helped me get some clips I wouldn't have been able to otherwise. I could really use some feedback on where these extra sounds seem effectively integrated, and when they "stick out" too much. In particular, I'm worried that the tunnel sound is too literal. How did it strike you? Also, do you have any ideas for how I could enhance a sense of space when I'm discussing the "miles" of night? Also, I played around some with doing different effects on my voice, but it all felt sort of hokey, and it was hard to understand the relationship between the controls and the effects. I'd love to see how others have worked with the Hindenburg effects to their advantage.

1 comment:

  1. Clara,
    Great experimentation. It seems like you're having more fun playing with sound as a medium. The one sound that sticks out for me is the birds. They sounds like they're in an interior space. Is that what you want? I also wonder if you want something more subtle than the gong at the end.
    Let's check in and listen together. Good progress.
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete